Saturday, March 24, 2012

Reupholstering the cabin

Our boat came with ugly mildewed and worn blue denim cushions inside. We washed it all, but, we're still not crazy with the way they all look.

I finally took measurements to find out how much fabric we'll need. Turns out that doing all the cushions will require about 20 yards. On a forum I looked at, people were saying not to bother with Sunbrella inside the cabin. Since the stuff costs at least twice as much as the option we are looking at, I'll take their word for it for now.

Supplies are looking like they'll cost about $200, plus my time sewing the cushions. I've never done zippers or piping, so, this will be a new experience. We're having a sample of some fabric that we like sent here:






Gonna have to see if we still like it when we see it in person. I liked a different coral pattern, but my husband thought the tone of blue was too light:





Could be that when we get samples, we'll hate them both, lol... will see soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment