Friday, March 9, 2012

Making a living while cruising

We hope to start cruising before retirement kicks in, so, we're going to need some income while we are out and moving. Luckily, we both have pretty portable skills (he has years of serving and bartending experience, I'm a freelance copywriter). But, I love the idea of having (somewhat) passive income, as well. There's a post on the Cruiser's Forum that is just brilliant. The author lays out a step by step plan for creating a profitable "expert" website.

Everyone knows a bit about something. And, if that something is specific enough, it would not be too difficult to establish yourself as THE online expert. I'm going to be brainstorming to determine just what that something is for me and the hubby.

(btw, I figure this would be a good place to mention this: if you love this idea, but aren't a writer, give me a jingle. I've written dozens of expert articles on dozens of subjects, and I can provide you with authoritative content for your expert site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment